- What is instant booking?
- How do I set up instant booking?
- How do my guests make payment using instant booking?
- How do I set up online payment methods?
- How do guests make an instant booking?
- Will I get emails when a booking is made?
- Will my guests receive an email when they make a booking?
- Can I edit these emails?
- Where can I see the details of the booking?
What is instant booking? #
If you have your property set up to take instant bookings, this means that customers will be able to choose their holiday dates using the calendar on your website, make payment and complete their booking all online, without you having to approve the booking.
How do I set up instant booking? #
- Log into your Bookalet account
- Click on “Bookables” on the left-hand menu
- Click on “List bookables”, this will show you a list of all the bookables you have set up in your Bookalet account
- Edit the property by choosing “Edit”
- Once on the bookable page, use the right-hand menu and choose “Settings”
- Change the status of “Instant Booking?” from greyed out to blue to begin taking instant bookings for this property
How do my guests make payment using instant booking? #
If you have Instant Bookings turned on in your Bookalet account, your guests will be able to make online payments when they book your property.
To take online payments, you’ll need to have set up at least one online payment method.
How do I set up online payment methods? #
- From your Bookalet account use the left hand menu and go to “Settings”
- Choose “Payment Methods”
- From here you can set up as many payment methods as you need to begin taking payments for your property.
How do guests make an instant booking? #
When a guest uses your booking calendar on your website all they need to do is select their arrival day and the number of nights they want to stay for.
They will be guided through the booking where they can give their details for the booking. Once completed they will see the following screen:
The guest can now proceed to make an online payment. The exact payment methods displayed will depend on what has been set up in your Bookalet account.
Because we have two online payment methods set up; Worldpay and Stripe, these are the options they will see. The guest then selects which payment method they wish to use, enters their card details and chooses to Pay.
Money is transferred directly into the property owner’s Stripe account. The booking is now complete and the deposit paid.
Will I get emails when a booking is made? #
When the Booking is taken and paid for, the property owner will receive two emails. First, one to record the fact that a booking has been made and a second when payment has been received.
Will my guests receive an email when they make a booking? #
Yes, your guest will also receive an email confirming the booking and the payment of the deposit.
Can I edit these emails? #
Yes! All these email templates can be edited in the Admin area in the left hand menu of your Bookalet account under “Email Templates”
Where can I see the details of the booking? #
- Log in to your Bookalet account
- Go to “Bookings” in the left hand menu, and choose “Active Bookings”
- If the deposit has been paid, the booking will show as yellow “Balance Outstanding”
- Clicking on the booking will let you manage the booking as needed