- Why do I need guest reviews?
- Who can leave a review using the review widget?
- How do I set up the review widget on my Bookalet account?
- Can I configure the guest review widget?
- How do I get my guests to leave reviews?
- What happens after a guest has left a review?
- How do I approve the reviews?
- Points to note
Note: The Bookalet review widget requires a Bookalet Pro or Agent account
Why do I need guest reviews? #
Guest reviews are great for encouraging bookings from new customers. Reviews encourage trust with consumers who may be on the fence with making a booking!
Who can leave a review using the review widget? #
To ensure the reviews are real, only guests who have made a booking through Bookalet are able to leave a review. At this time it is not possible for you to add your own reviews into the system.
How do I set up the review widget on my Bookalet account? #
The reviews widget is easily added to your Bookalet account:
- Head to Publish Widgets then Publish to website
- Choose Guest Reviews
- Simply copy and paste the code provided into your website in the same way other widgets are added
Can I configure the guest review widget? #
Yes! The ‘Add Widget Config’ option allows you to choose how many reviews get displayed at one time, the colour scheme or the widget and whether to show it in compact mode or not. On top of this the widget can be limited to a single property or group so that it will only show reviews for that property or group, or it can be set to display all reviews!
How do I get my guests to leave reviews? #
The first thing you will need to do is to send the guest review link to your guest. You can do this by adding the custom tag into your email template. The tag is [tag:guestreview] and this will add in the link with the text ‘leave a review‘.
You can add this tag into a new template or you might want to add it to the completion email which is automatically sent to guests on departure if you have this configured.
When the guest clicks on the link, they will see a Bookalet page that asks for a star rating, their review, the way they would like their name displayed and a tickbox saying they agree to the review being displayed publicly.
What happens after a guest has left a review? #
The review that has been left comes into your Bookalet account under “Customers -> Guest Reviews”.
From here you have the option of approving this review. Once approved it will show in your review widget.
How do I approve the reviews? #
To approve the review, please select the Edit button (next to the review you wish to approve) in the Guest Reviews section, then tick the ”Approved” checkbox and select Save. In order to remove a review from the widget, all you need to do is to uncheck the ‘‘Approved” checkbox.
Points to note #
There are a few other important things you need to know about Guest Reviews
1) It is not possible for a guest to leave a review if their booking is deleted from Bookalet system – even if they still have a guest review link.
2) If you delete a booking after a review was submitted for this booking, then review will not show up on the Guest Reviews widget nor in Customers -> ‘Guest Reviews section on your Bookalet account.
3) If a review is left and already visible on the Guest Reviews widget on your website, and then you decide to permanently delete that booking from the system (for which the review was left), then the review will disappear as well (both from our system and your website). That’s why it is important to retain those bookings for which reviews are already received because with a permanent booking delete you lose – irreversibly – both the booking and review data.