Due to a combination of poor exchange rates and uncertainty due to the impact of Brexit, it appears that staycations are on the rise in the UK. Great news if you rent out your holiday home!
Sykes cottages have posted their staycation index report and we’ve pulled out a few of the salient points, listed below:
How Brits Holiday
- Bookings with 11+ bedrooms have doubled in the last year
- 20% of people want to book more sustainable holidays in 2019
- Most important factors include: a range of things to do nearby, ease of travel to destination and positive recommendations
- Nearly a quarter of Brits are after a quirky holiday let
- Luxury properties and hot tubs are also popular
- 1/3 of Brits took their pet along with them on staycation
- 3 Breaks is the average number of trips British staycationers expect to take in 2019
- Luxury cottages were the most popular type of holiday in 2019, offering stylish furnishings and touches such as log fires and hot tubs.
- British holidaymakers are set to boost the UK economy by £25 billion this summer!
- Top 3 most sought-after holiday features were: garden, wifi and off-road parking
- 50% of people plan to spend their main summer break in the UK
Top 10 most popular regions for bookings in 2018
South West England
North York Moors & Coast
Heart of England
For more analysis, view the full report.