Within the booking section in Bookalet, go to ‘Credit Vouchers’.
- Click on ‘Add a credit voucher’
- Enter the details for the Voucher code. The Voucher code can be something you type in, or it can be automatically generated by clicking the ‘generate’ button.
- Enter the name or email address of who this is assigned to, this is for your reference only
- Select the currency, this must match the currency of the property you want your guest to use it against.
- Enter the value of the voucher and any notes you may need to keep, such as why the credit has been issued.
- Click the save button and your voucher has now been created.
There is currently no automated way of sending this code to your guest, this is something we will look at adding in the future. For now, copy the Voucher Code and send it via email to your guest.
In order to accept Credit Vouchers, you must enable the Credit Voucher payment method:
- Go to Administration->Payment Methods
- Find ‘Credit Vouchers’ and Click on ‘Edit’, then tick the ‘Accept this payment method’ checkbox and save your changes.
Once this is done, your guests will use your normal payment link to pay for any future bookings, but in adition to card payments etc. there will be a ‘Redeem Credit Voucher’ option where they enter the Voucher code. Within Bookalet, this will be recorded as a payment via Credit Voucher.