Cookies are small files that are typically created when you visit a website and are stored in the cookie directory of your computer. There are two types of cookie; Persistent and Session Specific. Persistent cookies are used to collect non personal data about how the site is being used. Session Specific cookies are used to enable you to navigate around the bookalet site and use its functionality without having to constantly re-enter your username and password.
We specifically use Session Specific cookies so once logged in you can easily navigate around the site. We also use Google analytics to track who is using our site.
We only collect information only where necessary for the provision of our services to you.
You have control over what cookies to accept by changing the settings on your browser to either accept or reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Further information can be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Managing cookiesMost browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- (a) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- (b) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- (c) http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- (d) https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- (e) https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- (f) https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.