Sykes cottages have posted their staycation index report and we’ve pulled out a few of the salient points, listed below:
How Brits Holiday
- Bookings with 11+ bedrooms have doubled in the last year
- 20% of people want to book more sustainable holidays in 2019
- Most important factors include: a range of things to do nearby, ease of travel to destination and positive recommendations
- Nearly a quarter of Brits are after a quirky holiday let
- Luxury properties and hot tubs are also popular
- 1/3 of Brits took their pet along with them on staycation
- 3 Breaks is the average number of trips British staycationers expect to take in 2019
- Luxury cottages were the most popular type of holiday in 2019, offering stylish furnishings and touches such as log fires and hot tubs.
- British holidaymakers are set to boost the UK economy by £25 billion this summer!
- Top 3 most sought-after holiday features were: garden, wifi and off-road parking
- 50% of people plan to spend their main summer break in the UK
Top 10 most popular regions for bookings in 2018
South West England
North York Moors & Coast
Heart of England
For more analysis, view the full report.